After making the mushroom and walnut lettuce cups as an appetizer for my friends dinner party on Tuesday, I had an abundance of left over herbs and veggies to use before leaving for the big apple (I’m flying back to New York today for the second half of my yoga training with Dharma Mittra!) I can not wait to see all of my fellow trainees and to be in Dharma’s presence once again. You can expect a full report upon my return on the 21st. As side note, I’ll be in NY in training on my birthday, Nov. 17th so this year I am accepting all forms of gifts including digital birthday cards, virtual hugs and loving thoughts!
Until then, I leave you with this AWESOME recipe for a quick and delicious salad that is warming and comforting in this chilly fall weather:
- 1 Tbs fresh oregano
- 1 Tbs fresh thyme
- 2 small heads endive, rinsed & coarsely chopped
- 1 small head radicchio, rinsed & coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli light steamed until bright green
- 1/4 cup sprouted cooked lentils
- 1/4 cup sprouted cooked quinoa
- 1 Tbs Tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 Tbs olive oil
- Braggs Liquid Aminos to taste
- Salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients and toss with dressing
- Use a small sauce pot to lightly melt down the tahini with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Add Braggs once tahini is melted and stir thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then drizzle over your salad and devour!