I made these amazing little nuts to put on a pesto, pear, arugula and goat cheese panini that I was inspired to make from a pinterest post. The original recipe called for bre, but I used goat cheese and it turned out quite amazingly. I also changed out the arugula pesto mayo for a vegan, walnut arugula pesto…total amazingness! As for the nuts, I made a double batch so that we had left-overs to munch on, but they only lasted a day. This means, I’ve found a healthy snack to keep out for munching that all Yavorsky family members can enjoy. Great Success.
Sure, you can buy pre-made candied walnuts at Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods, but that’s no fun. These honestly take about 10-15 minutes to make and you can try so many different variations (mix and match with different nuts as well):
- cayenne pepper and agave
- mesquite and maple syrup
- rosemary and garlic
- sesame teriyaki
- cilantro lime
- Agave Syrup (or honey)
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Pour agave syrup over nuts and sprinkle with all other ingredients
- Mix until each walnut is coated lightly with the syrup and spices
- Pleace nuts on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the syrup starts to bubble and nuts are slightly toasted
- remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes before serving.